Purpose of Job:
In this role you will be expected to prepare suitably compliant and fit-for-purpose lift plans to support works carried out under POS using charts, programmes, formulae and information supplied about our clients’ on-track plant (OTP).
Responsible for on-track plant single and tandem planning lifting operations utilising the appropriate road rail excavator cranes as defined under legislation, TRS’ legal obligations and to Network Rail standards.
Job holder will have been awarded a Sentinel certificate in OTP and lifting.
Have a full and up to date understanding of legislation that relates to lifting operations such as LOLER, BS7121.
Have an in-depth knowledge to select the correct type of OTP to carry out lifting operations by understanding the entire examination and machine certification required for lifting equipment and accessories following site surveys.
Full knowledge of the types of manufacturers rated capacity indicator systems and their lift planning / duty charts.
- Identify the relevant information relating to different types of lifting accessories, i.e. markings, certificates, thorough examination reports, etc
- Using mathematical formulae, extract information to determine capacity of cranes from duty charts and software planning tools. Prepare lift plan information for others involved in a lifting operation
- Allocate different types of lifting accessories for various applications and given load types
- Ensure the correct crane and configuration for various types of lift.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Experience of road rail vehicles / MC planning or a desire and aptitude to undertake the relevant recognised training course and assessment
- Hold a valid Personal Track Safety (PTS) card
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of relevant lift planning software, Excel, Word and email packages
- Solid logistics and planning skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight and challenging deadlines
- Good team player, able to build solid working relationships with operational colleagues
- Has a thorough understanding of relevant legislation such as LOLER and keeps up-to-date on all legislative changes and amendments.